Whether you’re a new user or have been using cannabidiol (CBD) for a while you’re probably curious to know how long CBD stays in your system.
Unfortunately, this isn’t as simple as just throwing out a number and saying it will apply to everyone. There are many factors going on in your body to account for that will impact how quickly it’s processed by your body.
How Long Does CBD Stay In Your System – What Affects The Process?
Like other substances, how long CBD sticks around in your body depends on a variety of variables. These include things like:
- How much you use it. Your dose is a key factor in determining how long it stays in your system. The higher the dose, the longer it’ll stay in your body.
- How frequently you take it. If you only use CBD occasionally, CBD will be cycled through your body quicker. Regular use will cause it to stay longer.
- Your body’s uniqueness. No two people are exactly alike, which is especially true for your body. CBD and other substances affect people differently. Factors like your body mass index (BMI) and metabolism are key influencers of the cycling.
- What food you have consumed. ‘You are what you eat’ doesn’t apply here, but what you eat, how much of it you have, and when you eat it matters. Like alcohol, consuming CBD on an empty stomach will make it enter your system much faster than if you had some after a full dinner which would be much slower (since you’re digesting all your dinner goodness).
- How you’ve consumed CBD. There are many different ways to consume CBD nowadays. This includes oils, ChrgD+ CBD packets, creams and so on. Each has its own speed at which it starts to affect your body.
How Long Does It Take for the Effects to Start?
All of the previously aforementioned factors in how long CBD will stay in your system apply to how long the effects actually take to start as well.
Some people have claimed they feel the effects almost instantaneously while others say it takes up to an hour or so. The main factors in how quickly CBD’s effects will affect you are dosage, body composition, and the form in which you took CBD (e.g. edibles).
ChrgD+ CBD packets feature DehydraTECH™ technology for clinically proven high bioavailability.
How Long Do the Effects Last?
Another answer that doesn’t have a single number as an answer. Once again, your body, how much you take, and how you take it will be the deciding variables for how long CBD lasts in your system.
To know how long CBD stays in your system you need to know that, like other substances, it will be unique to you based on the factors mentioned here and others.
Experience CBD for yourself with ChrgD+! Easily dissolve CBD into any beverage.