Lexaria Hemp Corp. wants your experience with us to be nothing short of amazing. We respect the privacy of our customers and those who use our services. To this end, we have systems in place for securely managing your personal information.
Personally Identifiable Information
- When you make payments through our website, or complete a customer order form, your financial account information, such as your credit card number, will be collected by our third-party payment processors. We do not collect or store such financial account information, but we may receive information from our payment processor about the payment, such as the date and time of payment.
How do we protect visitor information?
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
We use regular Malware Scanning.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Social Media Pages.
- We may collect information about you when you visit our social media pages or other features. The social media website provider may provide us with information, including personal Information, such as your name, email address, and other information made available to us.
- We may collect personal information through your communications with our customer-support team.
Cookies and Similar Technology.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
- We collect non-personally identifiable information from you in order for us to better understand how our website is used. Information about a user’s visit is logged, however your IP address is never referenced to personally identifiable information. Usage statistics are gathered in a non-intrusive manner. The log files are private documents and are primarily used by the server administrator for error notification, server administration and to monitor website performance. Occasionally, portions of the log files may be viewed by others for the purpose of server administration, security or when required by law.
Is Information Shared With Third Parties?
- No personal information will be shared with third parties without the customer’s permission. We do not rent, sell or exchange your name or other personally-identifiable information to third-party companies for any purposes. Under no circumstances will your personal information be disclosed to any third party unless we seek your express consent or are required to do so by law.
Linking To Other Websites
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA we agree to the following:
Does our site allow third party behavioral tracking?
It’s also important to note that we do not allow third party behavioral tracking
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under 13, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, the nation’s consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under 13.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify the users via email
- Within 1 business day
We also agree to the individual redress principle, which requires that individuals have a right to pursue legally enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or a government agency to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders
- We may also send you additional information related to your product and/or service.
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred
To be accordance with CANSPAM we agree to the following:
- NOT use false, or misleading subjects or email addresses
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters
- Monitor third party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can
- Follow the instructions at the bottom of each email.
and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
Our website is hosted by Hiilite Creative Group Inc. and our operations are based in North America, however we recognize that our website may be accessed by persons outside of North America.
If you are a citizen of the European Union and are accessing our website, we wish to provide you with some information about your specific rights pursuant to the General Data Protection Regulation that apply:
|You have the right to know the purposes of processing your information when you visit our website||When visiting our website, your browser will contact our webserver to retrieve the sites you wish to visit. In this context, personal data such as your IP address is transferred by your browser (i.e. by HTTP/S requests) to us. This connection data is processed by our webserver to enable access to and the display of our website.
Our webserver automatically saves a record of the pages you visited (so-called ‘logfiles’ or ‘session records’). We use these logfiles to ensure the security of our website, in particular to prevent unauthorised interference with it, and to enable us to exercise our legal rights and obligations in regard to such unauthorised interference.
Furthermore, we analyse session records to optimise our website. The results cannot be linked to your person.
|You have the right to know the purposes of processing your information when you place an order on our website||We collect and use information about you to ensure that we can continue to provide you with a positive retail experience. You provide us with your information directly when you make a purchase. We also collect elements of your information indirectly such as the route you have taken around the website. If you instruct your local mail carrier to redirect your post, we will receive your updated address information and update our records. Similarly, if we are informed that you are no longer at the address we have on file for you, we will remove it from our records.
We will collect necessary information about you to ensure we can fulfil your order or chosen service. If you choose to pay by credit card, we will need to collect your payment information in order to process card payments. We may also need to ask for additional information from you, e.g. to prevent fraudulent transactions or to comply with anti-money laundering obligations for high value transactions.
Where you place an order with Lexaria Hemp Corp. for products or services that will be delivered, collected or provided at a later date, we will need to take additional contact details and delivery information from you so that we may complete your order. We may use third party couriers to deliver your order and will need to share your contact information with them for this purpose.
We may send you marketing material that we believe you will be interested in based on your previous spending behaviour. If you do not wish to receive such materials, please contact our customer support department
|You have the right to withdraw your consent||You may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting our customer service department at 888-976-8482 or [email protected]|
Whom Do I Contact With Questions?
Lexaria Hemp Corp.
PO Box 84900
Phoenix, AZ 85071 USA